OUR VISITOR CHARTER
WELCOME BACK TO NATIONAL MINING MUSEUM SCOTLAND.
We want to make sure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable visit.
To help ensure the safety and well-being of our visitors, staff and volunteers please read the following information before your visit.
We have conducted robust risk assessments and carried out the following measures:
- Introduced social distancing measures, hand sanitisers and PPE to help ensure everyone can safely enjoy the museum.
- Created an online booking system to enable visitors to book in advance, secure a specific time slot and reduce contact with others.
- Adapted the museums visitor offer to safeguard staff and allow visitors to enjoy their visit while learning about the heritage of the site.
- Created a one-way system throughout the museum and closed function rooms.
- Carried out thorough cleaning throughout the museum in preparation for re-opening.
- Reduced the capacity in the toilets to enable social distancing.
- Adopted a new cleaning regime with special attention paid to high contact areas such as toilets, doorways, handles and banisters.
- Employed strict procedures for our staff and volunteers, including regular hand sanitising/washing and face coverings.
- Adapted our café and retail offer to enable social distancing and reduce contact with touch points.
- Created a new outside picnic space for visitors.
In return, we kindly ask our visitors to:
- Stay away if you show any symptoms associated with Covid-19.
- Book your ticket in advance.
- Use the hand sanitisers around the museum and sanitise your hands on arrival.
- Maintain a safe distance between you and others.
- Please queue where indicated.
- Pay contactless if possible.
- Refrain from touching cases and other surfaces.
- Limit touching shop stock when viewing our products.
- Follow guidance when accessing the toilets.