Teacher Continued Professional Development (CPD/CLPL)
Our Continued Professional Development opportunities can take place at NMMS or in your school. These are offered for free and are bespoke to your area and topic.
Suggested topics include:
- Your Local Mining Area
- It can often be daunting to teach pupils about their local area if you are not from that area yourself or if you are unsure where to start! We’re here to help. We provide an introduction to the history of your area, an introduction to coal mining, mining history in your area and we finish by teaching you our top research tips! Included in this workshop are suggested activities for in the classroom and for outdoor learning.
- Get hands on with the formation of coal, the science of mining and non-renewable energy
- Victorian Mining
- An introduction to early mining conditions, the 1842 Royal Commission Report (children in the mine), and the Industrial Revolution
- National Mining Museum Scotland
- This workshop can only take place at NMMS and offers teachers an exclusive “behind the scenes” experience of life at the Lady Victoria Colliery
- Crafting the Mine
- Digital learning using Minecraft
Please get in touch to discuss your requirements by emailing or calling our Education Team.